WHAT IS MOTORHOME HABITATION SERVICING?
Motorhome Habitation Servicing, varies upon make and model, here at Marquis Leisure, we advise that it is undertaken annually. Most importantly for the continued safe operation of all components, also to ensure Manufacturer and Global Warranties are maintained.
The Motorhome Habitation Service compromises of various in-depth checks and tests including:
- 12 Volt Electrics and Battery Testing
- 230 Volt Mains Electrics and Appliance testing Inc. RCD/Trips operation
- Water Systems
- Gas Soundness, and Appliance testing, recording safe Carbon Monoxide levels
- Ventilation Levels
- Fire Safety, Smoke/CO² Alarms
- Full Damp Survey, with levels recorded
SO WHY IS MOTORHOME HABITATION SERVICING SO IMPORTANT?
Motorhome Habitation Servicing, is hugely important to ensure the correct, safe and efficient workings of your Motorhome.
We are able to undertake manufacturer specific, routine maintenance such as ALDE system and anti-freeze changes.
To enable us to do this we ensure that all workshop employees have up to date industry training, including the ACops/STGW Gas certificate, NCC Test and Inspection, Electrical maintenance of caravans and motorhomes, and NCC caravan service awards. We are also audited annually by the Approved Workshop Scheme.
Marquis Service Technicians are equipped with market leading resources, to achieve the very highest standards.
WHERE TO GET YOUR MOTORHOME SERVICED
We have many Marquis Service Centres across the UK, including an Auto-Sleepers Service Centre. Find your local service centre here.
Using a Marquis Service Centre, you will be using the largest UK dealer network, we act under the manufacturer’s recommendations and ensure all brand specific paperwork is submitted, keeping your investment under the safety of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Book your motorhome service online by filling in the online booking form.
WHAT IS AN AWS APPROVED WORKSHOP AND WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Approved Workshops are run by fully-qualified motorhome/caravan servicing professionals.
Using an Approved Workshop gives you peace of mind that the technician working on your motorhome/caravan is qualified to the required standards. The scheme is so sure of its standards, that they guarantee all repairs for a minimum of six months and take all reasonable steps to protect the validity of any unexpired warranties.
Along with the requirements for technicians, each workshop must also meet high standards of competency and must comply with an industry Code of Practice. This means that all Approved Workshops will:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for any additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a checklist of work done
- Not start work without your consent
- Contact you for confirmation to continue if additional work is identified
- Notify you in writing of faults which are not rectified, with an honest assessment of the urgency of the repairs required.
In addition you have the reassurance that the Approved Workshop Scheme is backed by the NCC, The Caravan and Motorhome Club, The Camping and Caravanning Club and all major tourer and motorhome manufacturers.