What is motorhome servicing?
Similar to a car, motorhome servicing varies upon the motorhome model, age, how many miles it is driven and when the last service was completed. Here at Marquis, we always advise that motorhome servicing is completed annually.
A motorhome service compromises of various in-depth checks and tests including:
- Electrical systems such as; pin plugs and cables, road lights & reflectors, sockets, wiring earths and earth bonding and more
- Fire & Safety including; smoke and/or carbon monoxide alarm, fire extinguisher ( if applicable)
- Water System, checks include; pump & pressure switch, filter & housing, taps, water tanks, toilet, drain down and more
- Gas systems including; gas leak check, appliances, regulator, gas cylinder, hoses and gas dispersal vents
- Bodywork including; roof, windows, doors, grab hands, number plate, furniture, floor, blinds & fly screens as well as damp testing
- Chassis and running gear; coupling head, tyre pressure and tread and more
So why is motorhome servicing so important?
Motorhome servicing is important to any motorhome. By ensuring that your motorhome is serviced regularly, you will be ensuring that it is working correctly and efficiently. In addition to annual motorhome servicing, there is also habitation servicing.
Where to get your motorhome serviced
There are many marquis motorhome service centres across the UK, including an Auto-Sleepers Service Centre. Find your local service centre here.
Book your motorhome service online by filling in the online booking form.