Complaint Handling Procedure
If you have any concern about our products or services, please get in touch and we will be happy to help in any way we can. Naturally, we trust that you never have cause to complain but should you be faced with this situation, please take the matter up with the Sales or Service Manager at your dealership. It always helps when doing so if you can provide written details of the problem, especially if the matter concerns other departments in the dealership. This course of action should be all that is required to resolve your complaint but should you still continue to be dissatisfied with the situation, you should write to the Branch Manager.
Marquis Motorhomes & Caravans is a member of the NCC Approved Dealership schemes (Motorhomes & Tourers). A key commitment under the Codes that lie at the heart of the schemes, is that we maintain a clear and formal written complaints procedure and take effective and immediate action to try and resolve any customer complaint.
Our procedure is as follows:
1. If you wish to escalate your complaint, please either write or send an email to the Branch Manager of your supplying dealer, who's contact email and address details are within their branch page of locations pages.
a. Marquis will acknowledge your complaint by letter, email or phone, within 2 working days of receipt.
b. Marquis will issue an initial response or a final decision by letter or by email, as soon as possible or at the latest within 10 working days of complaint receipt.
c. If Marquis issue an initial response and you notify us that it does not resolve your complaint, Marquis will issue a final decision, by letter or email, as soon as possible or at the latest within a further 5 working days.
d. In all instances, if Marquis justifiably need more time to investigate and manage your complaint (e.g. because it involves another party), Marquis will provide written reasons why and an estimated date when we expect to be able to issue an initial response or final decision.
e. Marquis will keep a complaint log which will be available for inspection by NCC assessors.
2. Marquis will keep you informed either by letter or e-mail, whichever you prefer.
3. Any final decision will include details of the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service and the independent Case Examiner (the Examiner) in case you require independent redress. Please note that the Examiner will only consider complaints that have been first sent to, and considered by, the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service.
4. If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or if Marquis exceed the response timescales, you should then refer your complaint to the NCC for Informal Dispute resolution. If this fails to resolve your complaint or if the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service is not able to handle your complaint, your complaint may be escalated to the Examiner. Marquis will co-operate fully with the Examiner during an investigation and comply with his final decision which is binding on us both. Please note an administration fee of £60 (including VAT) will be charged by the NCC should you wish to use the Examiner service. This fee is refundable only if the Examiner finds in your favour, subject to his discretion. There are no other charges to you for using the service.
5. Marquis will liaise, at your written request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf (e.g. Trading Standards, Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, etc.).
Note: The National Caravan Council (NCC) is the UK trade body for the tourer, motorhome, holiday home and park home industries. It has developed a number of NCC approved schemes, each with a code of practice at its heart, to ensure that subscriber members treat customers fairly, deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and provide full protection and access to redress should this be needed. Further details can be found via the following links: www.approveddealerships.co.uk/motorhomes / www.approveddealerships.co.uk/tourer